Orthodontic treatment is not only about beautiful smiles. It involves
- Correction of bad bite,
- Reduces overcrowding of teeth
- straightening crooked teeth maximizing your overall oral health.
Mal-aligned teeth pose problems like
- Difficulty in eating
- Difficulty in cleaning and maintaining oral health resulting in tooth decay, gum diseases and or tooth loss.
- Excessive stress on teeth and joint giving rise to muscular and joint pain.
- Mal-aligned teeth also affect the facial appearance and self-confidence of the person.
By considering ortho treatment at a younger age, we can identify alignment issues in your child at an early age and form baseline on development of the child’s arch and jaw by simple methods like
- Guiding permanent teeth into a better position while they erupt
- Creating space for permanent teeth by removing baby teeth
- Creating room in arch for permanent teeth using functional appliances.
- Thus pre-orthodontic evaluation with a specialist is of utmost importance.
At our clinic, with orthodontics we achieve Beautiful and healthy smiles by offering preventive,interceptive and corrective treatment through:
- Metal braces
- Ceramic braces
- Lingual braces
- Clear aligners
- Functional appliances
- Habit breaking appliances
Which braces are effective?
Which type of braces is worn depends on each individual case.
The average duration of treatment is between eighteen months to thirty months which is followed by wearing a retainer for few months to allow the tissues and bone to form around new tooth position. However, a great fear for everyone after orthodontic treatment is of relapse.
To prevent this, for us every orthodontic case does not end with just alignment of teeth. We take care in completing the treatment and getting the teeth in occluso-muscular harmony by finishing the case with occlusal equilibration and stabilizing the bite.